Tuesday 5 May 2020

My lockdown poem

“Lockdown is silent,
the heavy rain stabs you in the back like a trident,
These rhymes are sweet like thyme,
As much noise as a mime,
All-day in,
We don’t have a bin
I still have my chin and my shin
Wating for the day,
When I’m in Guadeloupe,
Lockdown really fun,
But there ain’t no sun,

Now I’m done.”

This was a poem I came up with for our writing activity. This epic rhyme symbolises my thoughts in
lockdown and expresses emotions artistically through writing and song.

What I found to be challenging in this poem was trying to think of 1 of the words to rhyme with,
the rest was pretty easy.

What I liked about this activity is that it was fun, in the sense that I just like rhymes and poems.
I also liked how it turned out in the end.

2 comments:

  1. Hi I am Liam from pompallier school Kakapo class, The poem is real cool and interesting Carter. I also liked how it tells people what is feels and looks like in lockdown.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Carter,
    Well I can tell you had fun writing this! I am not entirely sure how the middle section of your rhyme relates to lockdown - but hey it rhymes :) I am impressed with your quality caption Carter.
    Mrs Gibson

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comment.