Thursday 30 April 2020

My Matariki Reflection.

   

What lessons have I learnt this year: 
Some lessons that I learnt this year actually changed me for the better, alot of these lessons have been regarding physical health and awareness. The biggest lesson I have learnt is that you do actually need lots of exercises, for a long time I have been doing minimal exercise for quite some time. Another lesson that I actually have learnt this year is this you can’t just fill up on juices and drinks filled with sugar. I used to only drink juice, fizzy drink and other sweet beverages but I have learnt that lesson, even though Matariki is a time for leisure It is also a time for knowledge, the knowledge I had was not to stay un-fit and unhealthy.

Another few lessons I have learnt this year is that you don’t need to be going to the supermarket constantly and can work with what you’ve got, even though Matariki states that the winter stocks were plentiful, many people’s “stocks” were low, but people (our family included) learn this lesson, to work with what you’ve got. This pandemic and lockdown have brought many lessons, especially handwashing. Alot of people didn’t wash their hands often enough before this pandemic but I feel that lesson as been spread onwards to everyone.

I have learnt that staying at home and connecting with your Whanau is very important, home-cooked dinner every night is ok and spending most of your time with your family and people in your bubble really helps to build a stronger relationship with those close to you. And that you should spend more time being with those you love. I used to spend the majority of my time cooped up in my room but have learnt to not be in there constantly and to spend time with my Whanau and those in my bubble. 


My successes this year:
I have been getting out more and enjoying the sun like I said I spent most of my time outside; Rarely ever going for walks and getting outside. My main success this year was going for a 20-minute walk every day; which was also a success for my Dad, he is also always cooped up in his little hut on his computer all day, but it’s his job so it’s reasonable.

I have also succeeded at not being as lazy, I have actually been bothered to do SOME things. If they are kinda fun and not just boring. Succeeding at not being lazy wasn’t really a success in my book but I’ll include it as it probably wasn’t good and feel I have succeeded not being as lazy as I was. Even though lockdown is getting to me, and so is the couch. I’m still going to attempt to persevere.

I’m not sure if our family has had any major milestones in the past year. I think my grandpa died; Not sure though. The biggest milestone that we’ve had in the past year was probably something about our horse or something. We did birth some puppies but that was pretty minor. We haven’t moved anywhere or travelled, we never travel and maybe 2 people died, not sure if that was a few years ago. The birth ties to that too.



The past year.
For me, the past year has been great. I’ve been getting more into my hobbies like shooting, target shooting. Shooting animals, playing pool, skinning animals and collecting knives.

The past year has been really great, even though it was a slow year it was fun. It was a very enjoyable year and I found out some of my favourite things that year. Like this good food that I had one time. And getting some of my proudest possessions. It wasn’t a very eventful year but it was still pretty mediocre, sorta fun. The past year for me was great. I haven’t been hit by a car, and I’m still alive, so it’s safe to say the past 12 months have been pretty good.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Carter,
    You are going to need to change either your background, or the colour of your font please.
    Mrs Gibson

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Carter, I liked how you've written a lot of positive things about what you've been up too and what you've learned. Maybe next time change the colour of your font as it was a bit hard to read. Also the writing went over your personal information and I couldn't read some of it. I liked what I could see though. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comment.